Monday, February 18, 2008

heber trains


The Heber Creeper is what most know these trains by, but these days we call it the Heber Valley Railroad. When I say that I live in Heber, the two main connections people make are Granny's or the Heber Creeper. Even when I worked for a Landscape Design Build Company, Landaco, in Vegas, our shop/warehouse man had been on the Heber Creeper. :)
My long-time friend Jason Wright, took me to Brigham Young's Homecoming dance when I was visitng from Vegas for the weekend. We rode the Heber Valley Railroad, chugging along to top-40 music. It was cold out, and we found a warm car to hang out and catch up. I went on a lot of dates at BYU, but this is one of the most memorable (even though it occured after I had graduated). I'm grateful for the friendships shared while I was there and i still think of those special friends...they have had a great influence on my life and have given me many wonderful memories to cherish.
These days you can partake of so many adventures on the Heber Valley Railroad: A Day out with Thomas the Train, the Polar Express, Cowboy Poetry, Tube n'train, and a haunted train at Halloween to name a few. To ride the train or any of these special events, visit their website: http://www.hebervalleyrr.org/ Take a piece of the Old West and the Heber Valley with you.

No comments: