Wednesday, April 2, 2008

carsten's plane



Saturday nite I filled in for Andy at Accents. I enjoyed my time there talking with Cynthia, next door of Two Sisters, and with the customers. We had a nice break for about an hour while customers were eating at the Snake Creek Grill and I worked on a painting for my son Carsten's third birthday coming up this Sunday. He is very into planes, trains, cars, tractors,...anything that moves, really. I chose a plane and wanted it to be fun, and within his favorite colors. At first i was just focusing on the plane being purple (his all time favorite). When i got home and hung it on the wall i noticed that one of his latest paintings hanging next to it was made of the same color scheme. Interesting isn't it? :) The next morning i showed it to him and told him it was for him and that when it was dry we would hang it in his room. He was soo excited and has been telling everyone about it that comes over. The last two paintings i hung in his room have sold, but this will always be Carsten's plane. Happy Birthday Carsten!

No comments: